♦ Director of Business Deveolpment
♦ Managing Editor
Anthony is a researcher, analyst and freelance writer living in beautiful Eugene, Oregon. Anthony founded Information-Security-Resources.com in 2008, and merged forces with the Infosec Island Network in January of 2010.
Infosec Island is committed to serving the needs of SMBs and mid-market enterprises across many industries, as well as nonprofits, government agencies and educational organizations and the infosec community at large.
Contact Anthony at email@example.com regarding all aspects of business development, client and community relations. Many opportunities are currently available for business and strategic alignment.
Anthony also writes about the finance industry – particularly information security related topics – and is a fervent advocate of both freedom and accountability.
Anthony’s writing has been featured by leading Internet publishers including The Chicago Sun-Times, Business Week BX, Seeking Alpha, InvestorCentric, OpenSalon, TechPitch, Bear Market Investments, Alacra Pulse, ML-Implode, Reuters, and dozens more.
See Anthony’s interview with Venture Hype, Hong Kong.
ISR is also the exclusive news content provider for the Internet Security Alliance, the leading cyber security think tank and trade lobby which works closely with the United States Congress and the White House to shape national policy and legislation efforts.
Anthony has worked as a consultant to senior members of product development, secondary and capital markets from the largest financial institutions in the country, and he had a front row seat to the bursting of the credit bubble.
Business Development, Business Intelligence, Primary Source Research, Project Management, Custom Research, Reports, Writing, e-Publishing, Marketing, Network Security, Enterprise Security.
Photos © Anthony M. Freed All Rights Reserved
- “Anthony has the two things that are necessary for truly insightful and useful analysis of matters involving security and payment. First, he has an impressively deep box of sources with access to internal activities within payment. Secondly, he has the knowledge and experience to properly interpret these pieces of information, analyze them and not only report what they mean, but to take the next step and project what is likely to happen next. It’s what makes him an essential source.” – Evan Schuman, Editor, StorefrontBacktalk (LinkedIn)
- “As a researcher and a writer, Anthony possess the rare ability to both understand complex financial models and human nature which he leverages to sniff out the most interesting angles of any story. The speed with which he both obtains the latest breaking news and can eloquently write on the subject is impressive.” – David Leppek, VP Portfolio Management, First National Bank of Omaha (LinkedIn)
- “Did Heartland CEO Make Insider Stock Trades? As several OSF volunteers were looking into this exact question today, turns out Anthony M. Freed beat us to the punch. Well done! “- Jericho, Opens Security Foundation (OSF) and DataLossDB.org (InfoSecNews.com)
- “Many people were excited about the Hope for Homeowners program that was recently rolled out to help curb the growing number of foreclosures, and keep people in their homes. Unfortunately, as Anthony Freed points out in his blog post on Your Mortgage or Your Life, things did not quite turn out as planned.” – Editors (Chicago Sun-Times)
- “Anthony is one of the most innovative and visionary individuals I have ever had the pleasure of working with. Anthony develops fantastic strategies and moves them from concept and vision then ultimately a successful and effective implementation. Anthony is the personification of an “adverb”, he modifies actions and becomes a conjunction!” – Kevin Nixon, Owner & Sr. Principal, KMN, LLC (LinkedIn)
- “Check out the quality and style of Anthony’s writing. He has a genius for gonzo and guerrilla marketing using web 2.0 tools and crisp clear writing. His ability to drive traffic and GOOD traffic to the HomeATM website is measurable and appreciated enough that I recommend his work unconditionally.” – Kenneth G. Mages, CEO HomeATM (LinkedIn)
- “Anthony is a fellow blogger. I look forward to reading his posts, as information security, loss of privacy, and personal freedom seem even more important than ever. Anthony is on the front edge, and a valued resource to me.” – Bill Coppedge, SVP Mortgage Asset Sales, SunTrust Mortgage (LinkedIn)
- “Anthony is one of those rare individuals who combines brilliant creative journalism with potent Web 2.0 marketing prowess. He positions his combined talents so eloquently that those who know him or have read his formidable array of compositions have no choice but to be genuinely impressed. I look forward to collaborating with Anthony on future payment security/information security projects in the future as I am convinced his vast array of knowledge, understanding and vision will result in top notch results. I have absolutely no reservations whatsoever in highly recommending Anthony.” – John B. Frank, Sales & Marketing, Editor PIN Debit Blog (LinkedIn)
- “Hats off to Anthony Freed’s critical, direct and sagacious comments…Nowhere in the globe [have I come] across such a frank and logical step by step analysis as that of Anthony Freed…. A master class piece!“ – Professor S. Subramanian – Retired-Senior Executive, Reserve Bank of India (LinkedIn)
Information-Security-Resources.com Feature Articles by Anthony M. Freed: